Basic facts about the destination:
- TIRNAVIA region: touristic destination with the centre - town of Trnava and surrounding villages
- Destination locality: west Slovakia
- Town of Trnava: krajské a študentské mesto
- By car: 3 km from hoghway D1 – Bratislava - Trnava - Trenčín - Žilina - Poprad - Prešov - Košice and direct connection to limited-access highway R1 - Trnava - Nitra - Zvolen - Banská Bystrica
- By train: newly reconstructed train station in Trnava (2014), express train and InterCity stops
- By plane: 45 km from M.R.Štefánik Airport (Bratislava Airport)
TOP attractions of this destination
- Trnava – Little/ Slovak Rome, pilgrimage place, historical town centre – town conservation area, the best preserved town walls in Slovakia
- Region of world wines - there is a concentration of the best Slovak wineries reputable in the whole world in Trnava, historical wine making tradition in the town and surroundings, Trnava - "town below a town" - a maze of medieval wine cellars, often even two floor cellars, where the wine was transported by carriages
- Smolenice - Pearl of Little Carpathians and Smolenice Castle in the French style like Loire castles
- Birthplace of significant personalities: Charles IV., Ludwig van Beethoven, Ján Sambucus, Dopjer brothers (DoBro), Alfréd Wetzler, Štefan Banič, Mikuláš Schneider Trnavský.
We look forwards to your visit!